1. What is CrossFit and why do we use it as the basis of our Strength and Conditioning program here at CPHS?
2. What does this really mean?
- 10 Push Ups
- 10 Sit Ups with partner clap in middle
- Our program is designed for scalability and applies equally well to all individuals regardless of age or fitness level.
- By varying the load and intensity, we start you at a level appropriate to your fitness and experience.
- With commitment and hard work you will achieve greater general fitness and a high degree of athleticism.
- We take an old-school approach emphasizing fundamental, functional movements with proper technique.
- You will learn and get fit with ever-changing workouts that combine bodyweight exercises, weightlifting, and a huge variety of high-intensity drills that combine cardio and strength challenges at the appropriate level for each person.
- The stimulus provided is always varied and the results are dramatic.
- The atmosphere is one of support and camaraderie to anyone willing to put in the work.
3. Secrets to Success (see blog)
SHOW UP and…
- commit to change
- commit to learning new skills
- commit to excellence (virtuosity)
- commit to discipline of hard work and rigor
- be coachable
- be a coach
- 20 Jumping Jacks
- 20 Mountain Climbers
4. How will I be evaluated?
- participation (attendance and effort)
- acquisition and demonstration of knowledge
- acquisition and demonstration of skills and progress
- journal (blog, written or use of app)
- 20 Air Squats with a partner
- 10 Box Jumps
5. New this year – CrossFit High School team
- we have put together a CrossFit CPHS team to compete in a few fun inter-school competitions
- The practices are every Tuesday and Thursday at 2:45pm
- Mr. Pat Kelly has volunteered to help coach; we have visiting coaches as well (Taylor Stewart from CrossFit Bytown)
6. Rules of our gym (see blog)
- SAFETY IS ALWAYS THE PRIORITY!
- run 2 sets of stairs
- skip 100 singles